Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Wednesday...

To begin, Saturdays recover walk was great!

 


I was a little disappointed at first because I thought that there would be more to it.  More activities.  More something.  More anything.  I don't know.  There were just the few tables/booths with information about addiction.  There were a couple food trucks.  There was a stage with live music.  But that was kind of it.  There wasn't anything to actually DO.  Maybe my expectations were a bit high.  I just think it would have been nice to have more interactive activities. Something to bring everyone together.  It felt more like a day at the park rather than a day of "ending the stigma."  The walk itself was cool though.  Very usual: balloon arch for the starting line, light up balloons to represent those lost to addiction, glow sticks, etc.  It was all cool, and I had some amazing people there to support me.  I just thought there would be more.

I think that I've stated to get complacent.  Or maybe I'm just unmotivated.  Not sure which.  I don't really have a desire to do anything though.  I just want to watch tv and not have to put on real clothes to leave the house.  That's horrible, right?  I really need a job.  I feel like this would start getting so much easier if I just had a job.  And I'm definitely still working on that!  I have applied at almost every retail spot in the hoover area.  Trying to at least get season work to get me through this year and then I can actually start working on goals come January.  I mean, shit, I would be guaranteed to make more money doing season retail work than I was at the job I just quit as a manager.  $11/hour is pretty easy to beat.

So, we'll see.

No comments: