Saturday, September 23, 2017

31 days

So this weekend is turning into quite the eventful one so far. And it all started with this gem yesterday:


31 days today. It has actually been a month.  And despite the urge to lose my mind, I haven't actually harmed anyone yet.  lol.  I found a sponsor as well. So I'm really excited about that and she is super sweet.

When I left AA, I decided to celebrate a bit.  So I went to the bar to shoot some pool with a couple of friends of mine.  I had a couple of root beers and I had a blast!  I did have this odd moment when I left though.  I was on my way home and a friend of mine was riding with me.  I passed my a cop and my heart stopped for a moment.  I looked down and I was right on the speed limit.  Perfect.  I looked over at my friend and said "OMG! I'm doing the speed limit and I'm sober! Why am I so nervous?!"  He said one word.  "Habit."

It was such an enlightening moment for me.  I was scared out of habit.  For such a long time, I would be drunk and speeding on my way home.  I wasn't last night.  It was such a relief.  I look forward to more nights like that.  More nights where I get to break the habit of being nervous and scared on my way home.

Today is the annual End Addiction Birmingham Recovery Walk.  



I def plan on going to that.  I even have a couple of friends that are coming.  My sister and her babies are gonna come too!  I'm super excited!!!

I am still looking for a job.  Nothing has panned out yet, but I am hopeful.  I'm trying to avoid having to go to a restaurant or a bar for a job, but I'm not opposed if need be and I get desperate enough. 

So here's to hoping and staying positive.

No comments: