Tuesday, September 12, 2017

20 Days Sober

So the last week has been interesting.  In a good way. I picked up a bar shift and completed it without the urge to drink.  So that went really well.  I even went to the bar to watch the state tournament and I drank root beer, never wanted a drink, and I left as soon as the tournament was over and I knew that shots were about to fly for the winner.  This weekend was a really good weekend.

Yesterday, I had my assessment with the rehab center.  I have been placed in Intensive Outpatient Treatment.  So I will attend meetings there 3 days a week.  I've been assigned a counselor and I have been placed on color code.  My color is Gold.  I know that little bit sounds a bit overwhelming, but I actually understand it and I'm not afraid of it.  I'm feeling pretty positive about all of this, actually.

I haven't been sleeping well.  I keep having 2 or 3 nights a week where I never go to sleep at all.  I'm tired a lot.  I have almost no appetite.  But at the same time.  The constant headaches are gone.  My body, itself, feels better some how.  It's like, I'm actually surviving the physical part and I'm learning how to cope with the mental part.  The only thing that is still a struggle is the emotional part.

The emotions, however, I am hoping will start getting taken care of tomorrow.  I have an appointment with the psychiatrist tomorrow morning.  I am hoping that we can start getting to the root of my problems.  Maybe then, it will all finally come together.

So for now, it's still one day at a time.  And I'm ok with that.

No comments: