Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Apparently it's possible to sleep through an entire day

So I pretty much slept through Labor Day.  Literally.  I woke up around 8:30 yesterday morning, ate, and then was back asleep by 11:00.  I woke up around 6:45 last night, ordered some food, ate and then never really left the bed except for the occasional cigarette.  Then I was back asleep around midnight.  Woke up around 8:30 this morning and here we are.  I haven't done much yet, but I feel much better than I did yesterday.  I've pretty much wasted my morning on Reddit so far, but I'm hoping to get some cleaning done today.  I've decided that if I can't be self-motivated, then I will FORCE myself to do stuff.  So, I'm setting goals.  Today's goal is my bedroom and bathroom.  If I'm gonna spend all of my time in here, then I need to get it cleaned up and organized.  Don't get me wrong, it isn't that bad, right now.  But why not rearrange some things and clean some things out and maybe even get rid of some things.  If I'm going on this journey of a new me, then doesn't that include changing some of the things around me as well?  It's worth a shot.

And of course, I do have league tonight.  Last week went really well and I didn't even want a drink, despite my ex being there.  I'm hoping that tonight goes just as well.  I really like my new team and the atmosphere is not like that of a "bar".  It's pleasant and friendly and easy.  I get to play pool without the temptation of having a drink.  So let's hope that it stays this way.

No comments: