Thursday, February 22, 2018

6 Months, Ya'll!!!

It has been so long, I know.  That's because things have just been so chaotic.

I'm not even sure where to start.  These last 2 moths have brought so much stress and uncertainty. 

To begin on a positive note, my great niece was born on January 4th.  She is absolutely perfect.  I honestly do not believe that there is a more precious baby on this earth right now.  Grace Michelle.  The first few weeks were a bit of a struggle. Brittney didn't seem emotionally connected to Grace and Dylan just seemed ignorant to the ways of fatherhood, which I would imagine most new dads are.  Brittney seems to be slowly falling into the role of motherhood, but I remain concerned about Dylan.

Finances have been quite a stress.  They have been unable to keep up with their portion of the bills and so I have had to support them, with the exception of the small amount that I received from them in January.  But wow, I have become impressed with myself and my ability to maintain the finances.

It has gotten really bad in the household as of late.  I don't want to go into detail because it is quite a personal matter, but I will say that I have, unfortunately, become quite fearful for my safety in my own home.  And that is quite devastating.  Meanwhile, I have been served an eviction notice due to the drama that has recently come to be a part of my life. So I am currently getting things in place for my future.

As for the drinking...I am proud to say that I have officially made it 6 months sober.  There have been temptations, but I have overcome.  I did, however, find myself in the kitchen yesterday pouring out the alcohol in the kitchen.  I was concerned that since my stress levels have gotten so high, that I might not be able to overcome in the upcoming days.  So I nipped it before it became an issue.

So I guess that is all that I have for now. I simply ask for prayers during this time of my life.  Prayers for both my safety and for my strength.

No comments: